Our middle weight Stainless Steel C1002 damping cap is designed as a simple and affordable upgrade to the B1001 Base center stabilizer that will make your larger platter table sound cleaner and more dynamic. Providing open life like imaging, very tight bass control with crisp high frequency clarity. A noticeable low frequency definition and enhanced dynamics.
Includes centre dowel.
Make your turntable stand out! Add the optional polishing for outstanding sparkle and brightness near mirror finish. We machine buff and hand polish using MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum polish with a micro fibre cloth.
NEW innovative design, bolt the C1002 to B1001 and you now have a three piece design (Add carbon fibre for another decoupling layer). Performs beautifully with180 gram vinyl, more robust turntable and not recommended for suspended tables. Designed to improve both damping and increase the weight of the B1001 upgradeable center stabilizer.
This unique design improves performance vs. a convention one piece center weight. You tune it to fit your musical taste with the removable damping O-ring (inexpensive option). This configuration offers 4 layers of damping.
The addition weight reduces inner-groove distortion making the inner tracks sound better by improving inner groove tracking. The carbon fibre coupling interface sounds better, it will improve resonance control by providing a level constrained layer damping effects reducing record Sibilance, the potentially annoying hissing sound you hear from bright records.
NOTE: If you purchased the B1001 Aluminum Center Base 325g Configurable kit you do not need the screw kit/dowel kit.
- C1002 Cap Weight 734g | 1.62 Lbs.
- Total Stabilizer Weight with B1001 Base is 1086 grams | 2.39 Lbs.
- Machined from custom Aircraft Aluminum high damping and vibration control
- Micro machined at 30,000 rpm we engrave each product with clear identification with a beautiful design of the Maple Leaf
- The engraving is coded so we can differentiate counterfeit products (beware)
- Maximum Diameter is 2.575 inches
- Height1.375 inches
- Standard finish is better than a 16 Ra Surface finish super fine
- Compound radii on top surface for resonance control
- Dowel is hardened steel +.0002/-.0000"
- Dowel runout less than .0002"
- Aerospace grade thread single point multi axis threading
- Base .0005 concave at center for proper and perfect coupling